Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
The old man emu sport shocks are great, as are the springs. I love how the truck drives. I am going to go back to stock springs, because I live in the city however. No reason for me to have a lift as I run stock tires, and use it for mainly highway driving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is your typical use? I prefer to keep stuff stock if possible. A Disco with appropriate tires will go most anywhere. The bigger the lift, the harder the angles for driveshafts and steering, the faster parts wear and or break.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Given your usage, I would keep it stock height. This will allow for the longest life from your u-joints and you won't have to get extended brake lines, etc. Now, if you want some lift because you like the look, then I would go with an Old Man Emu product.

I had some regret when I put a small lift on a Jeep Cherokee because I lost a bit of road manners, which was my primary use, and the lift really didn't add anything for my off-road needs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a newb with Rovers. I read a thread a few weeks ago that said changing bushings, etc was a very painstaking process and wasn't worth doing just to do it. As for the suspension, I think shocks would cover you pretty well unless you have reason to think the springs are shot. We tend to not notice the chocks wearing as they degrade slowly.

I've read that our steering boxes wearing are a major cause of steering slop, so you might want to read about that a bit to see if that is something you want to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.