Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have Not Yet Purchesed A Lr Yet But Im Aiming For A Di 1995 And I Live On The Central Coast Of California. And Im Wondering What The Best Tire Choice For Sand Would Be Since Ill Be At The Dunes More Times Than The Trails.

Any Help Would Be Great!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sand Tire

ERTECH said:
I Have Not Yet Purchesed A Lr Yet But Im Aiming For A Di 1995 And I Live On The Central Coast Of California. And Im Wondering What The Best Tire Choice For Sand Would Be Since Ill Be At The Dunes More Times Than The Trails.

Any Help Would Be Great!!

I don't think they make a tire to fit a disco but the Dick cepek fun country
tire is a great sand tire. Try to look for a tire with a similar tread pattern.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Without a lift, a 245/75/15 Super swamper or my favorite a BFG MT. At 14 to 16 #'s you will have a great time.
Let me know when you are ready to play at Pismo and I'll drive up and we will play.
Mike J.

·
2,986 Posts
For sand, definitely go with an All Terrain.. BFGoodrich's BFG TA/KO's are great..

Mud tires aren't the best for sand... with mud, the tire is designed to dig down and try to find solid ground.. with sand, there is no solid ground under it.. so you want something that'll perform on the surface of it better.

·
2,986 Posts
ERTECH said:
so they are still ok if i wanted to step off the road and get into a trail?
Yeah, actually in my experience, the AT was the best all around tire.. the only thing I ever had a problem with was real deep mud.. but the ATs out perform my mud terrains in snow, sand, loose dirt, etc..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.