Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear door has sagged to the point where the door frame, not the latch, hits the striker first when closing it, causing a loud slam even when closed gently. What’s the best way to adjust this door so I can avoid messing up everything? Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Looked in the Rave, couldn’t find anything about adjusting the rear door (tail door in Rover speak).

·
Bleeds Green
174 Posts
Mine is sagging too. My idea is to shim behind the lower hinge to bring the door bottom up a bit. I'm going to make a flat plate out of steel because I think just adding washers as spacers might cave in the body. You could try that, or replace the worn out hinges with new ones. Atlantic British has them new for $90 each.

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is sagging too. My idea is to shim behind the lower hinge to bring the door bottom up a bit. I'm going to make a flat plate out of steel because I think just adding washers as spacers might cave in the body. You could try that, or replace the worn out hinges with new ones. Atlantic British has them new for $90 each.
Oof. Definitely not getting new hinges. I’ll try spacing the bottom hinge with washers. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
IMO not good with washers cos it will push the door away from the post on that side, open the door to have access to the bolts, put a high lift jack(or some support) under the the bottom edge of the door below the handle, undo slightly the bolts as the hinges to slip and lift it 5mm or how much is needed then tighten back the bolts... that's what i did and worked for me

Reactions: V50_M66

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO not good with washers cos it will push the door away from the post on that side, open the door to have access to the bolts, put a high lift jack(or some support) under the the bottom edge of the door below the handle, undo slightly the bolts as the hinges to slip and lift it 5mm or how much is needed then tighten back the bolts... that's what i did and worked for me
Oh good tip - thanks. I'll try that first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts