Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
im just got my first land rover and im eager to throw some tires on her!
im stuck b/w BFG KM2s or Goodyear MT/R Kevlars, treadwrights or maybe a different brand? :dunno: Ive heard amazing reviews on both, ive also heard that the KM2's chip and are soft, but the MT/R's are not good snow/mud tires. Im located in Las Vegas so ill be doing trails in southern utah, mostly desert trails out here in southern nevada (rocks gravel etc), but i would love to see which one is the most well rounded tire. if theres any other besides the two ive listed please give me some idears. also if you have a certain preference give me a reason why.
thanks again,
Dane
:beer:
EDIT: i have 16" rims and prefered size would be able to fit a stock land rover around a 245/75r16 or close to that.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Treadwright then Goodyear, but the difference in price should bush to to the Treadwright.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Goodyear.

I am on my second set of Procomp Xtreme M/Ts, got 80,000 miles out of the last set and pulled them off with 5/32 left on the tread. Rotated them every 3,500 miles. Really good in Moab, great in mud and deep snow. Great for towing and quiet for an M/T.

I have had a small chunk taken out of the tread in Moab on a couple occasions, about the size of a pencil eraser. I think the traction control can be tough on the tires though when you get into areas with sharp rocks. Also, they tend to dig down in deep sand.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, what treadwrights are you running? Guard dogs? And how's the road noise? I can literally get a set of 5 shipped to my front door with a warranty for HALF THE PRICE of km2s (set of four)

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
With age and health issues, I am not running the guard dogs, I am running the centenials. All my friend are running the guard dogs and love them, minor road noise, great traction and an easy 45,000 plus miles out of them. You can get them in either a 8 or 10 ply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts