Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have a 1.5" all round lift on my 91 RRC from fitting Old Man Emu suspension (works great!)
Now I am looking at some 225 / 85 / 16 BFG Mud Terrains, just wondering how these will fit, the BFG site says they are 32" total Diameter?
I run the RR through some pretty rough stuff & I am worried that they will rub when the wheel is at full upper articulation?
Has anyone got any ideas - be down this road before???
Cheers
Landy-Andy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Andy,

the 225/85/16 is 31.1" x 8.9" and should fit fine on your rig...on one of our '88 RRC's we are running 235/85/16's on a similar amount of lift with no issues off or on road

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
yep

Will fit no problems at all
ONz :cool:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, I think I will bite-the-bullet & go for the 235-85-16, they will get me where I want to go (& look the business!)
Thanks again for the feedback Siam, TOZROVR & Onslow
Cheers,
Landy-Andy

·
Registered
40 Posts
235/85s

Hey Landy,

I just had the OME lift done on my '87 Classic (1.5" in the rear, 2" in the front) and had 235/85/16 BFG All Terrains put on. The wheel well fit was okay, but the actual tread width to the ground was only 7" on the ATs. Not sure how this relates to the MTs, but it should be similar. The total tire width was just under 9" if you include the sidewalls.
Anyway, I found the tread width to be too narrow for my liking (and the SoCal terrain) and exchanged them for 265/75/16 ATs. The tire shop actually took them back with 35 miles on them. The 265s have almost almost 9" of actual tread to the ground.
Both tires rub the linkage arm on hard right turns.

-Drew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts