Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Yakima!!!!!!! www.yakima.com My family and I have used these rack system for years and have never been let down..... I use the roof mount on 2 of my vehicles(includeing my RRC) and my parents have a swing away hitch mount......Both have been well used and work great...... Here is a pic of my RRC!!! They make roof systems for the disco's also!!

· Registered
709 Posts
I would actually suggest looking into rear bike carriers. I have a Bauer that wokred out great! I hated having to lift the bike on top of the Rover... It is wayyyy easier to get them onto the rear. It mounts onto the trailer hitch and swings away to open the tailgate.

· Registered
97 Posts
Franchiseje:

I also recommend a rear mounted bike carrier; I really don't know how people can put a bike on top of the discovery.

After I bought my truck; I needed a rack, I am a mountain bike fan. I decided to shop around and discovered this place online. www.rackattack.com
I bought the Thule Expressway 996 for the 2" receiver; I saved close to 100 bucks on the purchase. There is another model above that swings out but did not know if it will swing out enought to clear the rear door that opens in the same direction plus it is more expensive. The one I bought tilts down and let the back door opens almost 3/4 out. With the bikes attached is very hard to make tilt but it has everything that you need: carries 4 bikes, comes with all secure attachements, hitch receiver lock and key and a cable lock to lock all four bikes. It is a good rack; if you can afford the higher model it is the same as 996 but swings out but it is heavier.

Good luck :)

Figman

P.S. I keep the rack mounted from time to time; this past summer while slow traffic on the highway a lady did not stop on time and rear ended my truck pretty hard. I was lucky to have the rack mounted that day; all I got was a couple scratches on the plastic end piece. The lady's car was literally impaled, the lower piece of the rack went right thru the front grill, into the radiator, and collapsed/destroyed everything in the way. It was pretty sad but it was her fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.