Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bilstiens or OME

Right now I have the OME shocks, and honestly, they are good shocks but a friend of mine has the bilstiens, and when we park right next to each other you can see that my rover sags a bit lower, we both have the 2 1/4 lift and if i was to replace mine it would definately be bilstiens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
88 Rrc

sven said:
I had the Bilsteins on my 95 LWB for about 2 years. They were real nice. HIghly recommended
Is there any way of lowering the ride height on a 88 range rover other than cutting off the coil springs. I want my rover to have a lower stance as it looks neat. Also are bilstien shocks oil or gas and how much do they cost.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Najam uz zaman said:
Is there any way of lowering the ride height on a 88 range rover other than cutting off the coil springs. I want my rover to have a lower stance as it looks neat. Also are bilstien shocks oil or gas and how much do they cost.
I would have thought that if you have the original springs in your RR they would have sagged sufficiently by now. Your question is unusual I must say, as just about everyone else want to lift their vehicles. Cutting the springs I don't think will work, perhaps someone else on the forum has more experience.
With regards to the Bilsteins, you will find all the info here...http://www.bilstein.com/index1.php

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
x2.....seems as though you cant cut the springs because then they wouldnt be able to sit in the spring seat anymore......

...John C with 4x4ag.com just told me that you can get scorpion racing springs in any length....perhaps they can make you a set of springs that lowers your rover by a couple inches...and you then could get the biltein shocks to match...ones that were even lower then stock....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.