Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought and assembled what I thought was a uk product (front air Spring) L322/04 and it leaks 8 mths later.
Although it has a 2yr warranty , I have to prove the unit is at fault or indeed I fitted the seals properly , that being said it has lasted 5mths . Not good!
Can I remove the strut keeping the feed pipe on and cover it with soap to find the leak or do I just get a better make of Spring ?

·
very disco
1,181 Posts
You may be able to jury-rig some conclusive test for it, but considering the time (equivalent to money for most) you may be better suited to buying a reputable part from a reputable seller.

I was able to get two brand new arnott bag/strut assemblies for $550 (for the pair). I considered trying my luck at swapping out the bag only, but I’m glad I chose the assembly as the labor was less intensive and I haven’t looked back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Found the leak from the top of threaded portion on the damper. Dismantled component and the o" rings have been crushed and therefore comprimised. Since I can't find an illustration of the setup and sequence of the rings I have bitten the bullet !
Bought a Dunlop strut and Airbag.

Now fitted and maintaining height . I have not been for a decent run yet , because of Covid and traction light HDC were coming on a left corner , but I am hopeful that the constant height and steering cal and alignment all carried out will set t he car to behave , its so on the edge of adjustments !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts