Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
as good as it gets
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK,

I bought a set of tires & wheels for my truck. The wheels are blacked out wheels. They were painted with Duplicolor truck bed liner black paint.

They will not fit my truck, so I had the tires taken off and installed on my wheels on my truck. I need to sell these wheels to pay the rest of what I owe for the tires and wheels....so if you want a cool set of blacked out D2 wheels and lugs make a decent offer.

Keep in mind once these wheels have been sprayed with bed liner you can touch them up again and again and again with rustoliam commercial grade rattle can paint.

I will deliver them to your door with in 100 miles of dallas...you pay the gas. :D

This is just the wheels NO TIRES!!

I also want to sell these and get me some American Racing Steelies from Gulf Coast Rovers.

If they would have fit my D1 though I would have kept them.

Make an offer or email me at [email protected]

·
as good as it gets
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
01001010 said:
Hey Todd, I've been told by knowledgable poeple on the matter, that though teh American Racing rims will work, they dont rest properly on the hub and ALL stress is put on the lug studs.

Is that with the correct back spacing and the spacers?

I have actually seen a few LR rigs with the American Racing Wheels...doing just fine on some pretty extreme trails. I would be interested in some more info...I HATE the natos and despise the look of the stock steelies or spare steel wheels, so the AR wheels are want I want. I know they only weigh in at 30lbs compared to the Natos or the stock spare wheels which are around 60lbs. I know TONS of people who run the black AR steelies on their Rock Crawlers and they will be the first to tell you that you can hammer them back into shape or if you break one they are VERY cheap, just buy a new one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I run the AR and like their durability alot, however with their backspacing, I rub my rock sliders and the fenders quite a bit. The rear tires have been badly cut up on the sides due to this. I have a 2" lift and run 265/75/16's. I'm seriously contemplating going back to the stock alloys. I also considered a 3" lift and longer bump stops, but if I'm going to do that I would want to run 285's so I'm sure I will have the same problem.

·
as good as it gets
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roverbuddy said:
I run the AR and like their durability alot, however with their backspacing, I rub my rock sliders and the fenders quite a bit. The rear tires have been badly cut up on the sides due to this. I have a 2" lift and run 265/75/16's. I'm seriously contemplating going back to the stock alloys. I also considered a 3" lift and longer bump stops, but if I'm going to do that I would want to run 285's so I'm sure I will have the same problem.

Well to bad the black out alloys I have will fit your truck, to bad the AR wheels won't fit mine or I would just trade you.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discrover said:
Is that with the correct back spacing and the spacers?

I have actually seen a few LR rigs with the American Racing Wheels...doing just fine on some pretty extreme trails. I would be interested in some more info...I HATE the natos and despise the look of the stock steelies or spare steel wheels, so the AR wheels are want I want. I know they only weigh in at 30lbs compared to the Natos or the stock spare wheels which are around 60lbs. I know TONS of people who run the black AR steelies on their Rock Crawlers and they will be the first to tell you that you can hammer them back into shape or if you break one they are VERY cheap, just buy a new one.
Back spacing has nothing to do with the fact that the AR steelies are lugcentric and not hubcentric.

Yeah yeah, we've all seen black steelies on LRs under extreme conditions but no one talks about popping a bead, bending the rim (whcich will screw up your alignment and bearings), getting dirt/mud in between the rim and the tire, blah blah blah.....

Why do you think LR used an alloy rim that is hubcentric and has an extra lip to help prevent the tire from coming off the rim?

Do yourself a favor and compare the black AR steelies to a stock LR alloy and you'll notice the difference. Also, if you do go with the AR make sure to get the correct lugnuts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.