Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
some people will say paint use this or that but the best and most permanent way is to use heat. Use a heat gun on the trim and it brings the moisture back to the top of plastics. Be careful not to burn it. I am lazy and have done it a lot and I use a torch. You will be amazed, it looks brand new and stays that way.

·
Registered
78 Posts
An easy way is to get black Krylon fusion for plastic. Tape around the trim to avoid spraying on paint and the black plastic looks good as new for a long while. I've done it to my DI and DII.

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
What is the best way to treat the fading plastic black trim for the bumpers?
FER GADZ SAKES, don't spraypaint them! Use a product from Atlantic British called "Forever Black" Bumper & Trim Paint. They also make a fabulous tire Gel! To order call 1-800-533-2210 and it's on page 95 of their current catalogue!:lol:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Meguirs makes a tire gel that works great lasts several car washes and the weather. I have been using it for years and you can get it at most auto parts stores.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
FER GADZ SAKES, don't spraypaint them! Use a product from Atlantic British called "Forever Black" Bumper & Trim Paint. They also make a fabulous tire Gel! To order call 1-800-533-2210 and it's on page 95 of their current catalogue!:lol:
theres nothing wrong with a little tin canning. that wont wear off as easily as forever black will.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
theres nothing wrong with a little tin canning. that wont wear off as easily as forever black will.
I hate the forever black crap - takes forever to dry, gets on stuff ,and my kids get it on them getting in and out of the rover.

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
I'm a slob with a white car, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it LOL!!!!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I'm a slob with a white car, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it LOL!!!!
Well if you haven't used the forever black yet, have fun with that. I have a black rover and am meticulous when cleaning my car and it was pissing me off. Then after all the work of putting it on, one car wash and it was faded.The tire gel I use is clear , inexpensive, and has applicators.

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
Well if you haven't used the forever black yet, have fun with that. I have a black rover and am meticulous when cleaning my car and it was pissing me off. Then after all the work of putting it on, one car wash and it was faded.The tire gel I use is clear , inexpensive, and has applicators.
You're talking about the McGuires (sp) I haven't tried that yet! I actually rolled my running boards with black Rust-oleum paint and that worked out ok - I'm just afraid I'll make a mess out of something and I'll end up with black on my white paint (cause I'm kinda particular too!) I'll give the McGuires a spin and see how that works out! Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try!

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
blue painters tape always works well for me. comes of easy, no residue, but protects the body very well.
Thanks Jake! I'm going to try the McGuires (sp) first then if that dosen't last, I'll tin can it (using painters tape):)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts