Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can replace the resister

Its your reisister not your switch. The dealer wanted $90 for the part and 8 hours of labor because they had to take the dash apart. That would have been almostt 600 dollars.

So my 3 year and I did it for less than $100. I used a new resister from the dealer, but I think that Rovers North has a new design that is better than the original coil type resistor.

I tried to give full directions, but not enough space. If you want directions to do it your self, let me know.

PS I am not a good mechanic, so if I can do it, anyone can -- as long as you can get some one with small hands to help.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Okie, The speed resistor for the heater blower is behind the front vent grills. Some people say you have to remove the decker panel, but if you remove the vent grills (in three sections), it's right there, behind the right vent panel. So, now that you don't have to take the dash apart, you can come take mine apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.