Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my blower motor (2003 Disco 2). I should have done some troubleshooting first, but figured since the old blower motor wasn't working, it was just needing replacement (bad assumption). Needless to say, I replaced the motor only to find the new one does not work either. Then hooked up the old motor directly to the batter to find out it was actually still good as is the new one, when directly connected to batter.

I've researched the boards here and troubleshot as follows:
1. Connector to blower motor getting consistently approx 4 volts on all speeds except high. On high, it quickly drops to zero after I hear a click behind the glove box.
2. The new blower and old blower work when connected directly to the battery
3. Fuse #6 and #7 under steering column both have 13 volts on bot sides
4. All other fuses under hood look good
5. I've found no burned up connectors

These are the troubleshooting things I've done to try to figure it out from reading posts on the board. I seems it could be the resistor or the control in the dash. Based on what I've tested above - does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this post helped me out. Our blower wouldn't blow, checked fuses, bench tested blower, too cheap to pay for the blower control module, ran a fused hot wire to the blower through the firewall for months. Got back into the problem and found the blower relays to the right side of the blower assembly, bench tested the relays (good). Found the infamous connector of which you speak next to the relays, it isn't burnt like your picture but it's getting a little brownish. Cleaned the connector and plugged it back together, removed the hot wire, cranked up the A/C and it worked. Was is the connection? Can't say for sure. I try to post back but if it keeps working, I'll crimp in a new connector and say that was it.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Is that with the motor unplugged?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.