Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I am new to this forum but have read a number of discussions and am hopeful I can get some good advice here. While overlanding in Colorado I blew out the front dif of my 2009 Puma 110 (yes, it is legal). I did so while pulling my offroad trailer (see pic attached) on a pretty steep and technical trail (for me, meant to read "user error" likely).

So, here is the question: Should I just simply replace it with a LR factory replacement or should I upgrade? If I upgrade, what brand do you suggest. I have heard a lot of good things about Ashcroft and ARB, most seem to chose Ashcroft? And does the dif you suggest encourage or require other upgrades (CV, Axle, Rear dif as well, etc.) to make sure that the dif doesn't create another issue.

Lastly, this is probably a stupid question, if I upgrade to Ashcroft or ARB will the Hi/Lo gear shift allow these to go into lock mode (by moving it to the left, like done for the factory dif)? Advantages of what/why you recommend is appreciated.

Thanks everyone, in advance for helping me out. My mechanic would like to get the 110 off his lot soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Looks like you have a winch so I'd just look at installing a 4-pin crosshaft diff.
What axle diff you use doesn't affect operation of your center diff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts