Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to go ski today and my trans. line that plugs into the left side of the radiator blew apart at the bend where it turns to rubber....Any suggestions on where to get parts? Alantic british has it for $140.00 was hopeing for less...Thanks

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
01001010 said:
Try RoversNorth, they normally have stuff a few dollars under AB, and it doesnt get any lower than that

I looked and was not able to find the part!!

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
Heres an idea. Not sure if it will work.

but cut part of the steel line and run a rubber hose with clamps. Most trannies dont have very high line pressures. Maybe sixty tops.

It might work for a bit until you can find the line you need. And I wouldnt go used only new.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beezel said:
Heres an idea. Not sure if it will work.

but cut part of the steel line and run a rubber hose with clamps. Most trannies dont have very high line pressures. Maybe sixty tops.

It might work for a bit until you can find the line you need. And I wouldnt go used only new.

That is what I am gonna do for temporary!!!!!! the good news is after today the underside of my truck will never rust......Bad news is I can barely see out the windows......

· Registered
229 Posts
Trans cooler line

Funrover said:
I went to go ski today and my trans. line that plugs into the left side of the radiator blew apart at the bend where it turns to rubber....Any suggestions on where to get parts? Alantic british has it for $140.00 was hopeing for less...Thanks

Try this place WWW.northeastbritishparts.com.

Cooler line $89.95

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If that is the corrent one that is the best price yet...Thanks

· Registered
60 Posts
Take the line to a hydraulic hose shop, listed in yellow pages or local search. They can replace the flexible portion & crimp with the correct fittings. Same thing goes for Air conditioning lines.

Should do all lines, if one blew, the others probably aren't far behind.

CJH

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to whistler bearing....They have made a lot of hoses for me before....total price $37.71...... time to go put it in!!

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the rover is back up and running!!!!!! That trans filter is a pain in the butt!!!!.... Thanks for the info everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.