Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for it? It is about 2 hours out of Stockton area up Hwy 4. I will be at the trailhead about noon. Camping overnight Sat. Head home after lunch on Sunday - or sooner if you have to.

A couple of Discos, a few Xterras. Will need recovery points as a precaution. With good spotting, no body damage (not guanteed).

Email me at [email protected] if you want to go. I can meet in Ripon at 10 am Sat morning or in Farmington on Hwy 4 at 10:30 am or in Angels Camp at 11:15 am if you want to caravan.

Trail is rated a 6/7 out of 10. A few water crossings, a nice rock garden, plenty of scenery.

Hey Badger - we are running it from Hwy 4 to Hwy 88. Hope you can make it.

Here is the link to the trail:
http://www.californiajeeper.com/deerval/review.htm

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The trip did not go on. Unfortunately, the guy who was a big part of it had a layover in the east coast and could not get back in time. I hope to have one going right after the first light snowfall, should be even more fun then... :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
jhmover said:
Wish I could go but I'm going to Palm Springs for visit to Joshua Tree National Park.

JH
How was Joshua Tree? Grew up out there (Graduated from Yucca Valley High School). Was out visiting my Mom earlier this summer and did some hiking/rock climbing at the Monument. Love that place......

·
Registered
347 Posts
Never made it to Joshua Tree. I didn't get my MTR's on before the trip. Got one flat on the way down on I-5 (Safety Seal to the rescue!). My 18 year old, 16 year old and his friend went with me. The two younger ones decided to (unbeknownst to me) drink schnapps after I went to bed Friday night, so I awoke Saturday morning to mass hurling coming from the other bedroom. :D

They didn't feel up to doing much of anything until very late in the afternoon. I figured that was punishment enough.

I took my oldest out into the desert so he could learn to drive a stick shift, about 20 minutes into that I got another flat tire (Safety Seal to the rescue again + I carry an air compressor). Fixed that, gave some driving lessons for awhile more then back to the house.

I was thinking of going to Joshua Tree on Sunday AM, but after 2 flats I figured hell with it as I didn't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere, so we headed back Sunday afternoon.

Now that I have the MTR's on next time we'll go there. I've never had a flat with them.

JH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.