Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i would like to say hello all and that i jave been lurking for quite sometime. :wave:

I have had 98 disco for a little over a year now and love it. I'm used to cars with little issues. I think they are personality triats in a way. I own a performance automotive shop just south of Charlotte, NC USA. :clap:
I have all the factory manuals for the car however they don't really cover they stuff that owners and land rover mechanics would know.

First off, as of last week the center diff selector is stuck in high range. the diff will lock and unlock. I have pushed on it but not hard nor have i had time to get under the truck. I normally work out the transfer case once every couple weeks by doing the low range/high range locked/unlocked stuff in the woods just to keep it all working right. Suggestions? common? :shifty:

Second I'm getting a check engine code P1317 which i believe to be an ignition system malfunction or misfire. The truck has new plugs and wires barely 5k miles old. The truck runs great. Common? Causes? suggestions?

I can and will figure out and fix these problems, however if anyone knows of common cause or has suggestion they'd be greatly appreciated as it can help me eliminate alot of things right out of the gate. :thinkerg:

AWESOME BOARD GUYS!!!! GLAD TO BE HERE, CHEERS! :drink1:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
DiscoPilot said:
First off, as of last week the center diff selector is stuck in high range. the diff will lock and unlock. I have pushed on it but not hard nor have i had time to get under the truck. I normally work out the transfer case once every couple weeks by doing the low range/high range locked/unlocked stuff in the woods just to keep it all working right. Suggestions? common? :shifty:

AWESOME BOARD GUYS!!!! GLAD TO BE HERE, CHEERS! :drink1:

Your truck doesn't leak enough to keep it lubricated! In all reality, the previous owner probably never used it much. Get under the truck and lubricate the linkage, then keep working it until it goes into low gear. I'm sure Terry S. and John C. will have more to add on this.

But welcome to the board. Pull up a sheep and pop open a cold one. :drink1:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
roverX said:
Your truck doesn't leak enough to keep it lubricated! In all reality, the previous owner probably never used it much. Get under the truck and lubricate the linkage, then keep working it until it goes into low gear. I'm sure Terry S. and John C. will have more to add on this.

But welcome to the board. Pull up a sheep and pop open a cold one. :drink1:

Oh the truck leaks enough just not in the right spot. The power steering is lubricating the **** out of my steering components :rolleyes: and the drive way.

And the rear main likes to remind me it leaks by nicely distributing about a qt every 2 weeks

Noted Duck tape in hand!

Necrophilia, crack open a cold one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.