Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’m not saying Toyotas are better. Well maybe I am but I like Rovers better. I’m just not one that believes what I want to believe. I’m a lr3 owner and if I said what I want to believe I’d say that mine is as reliable as a 4 runner. But truth be told that is un likely. I really just want to put a spacer lift on my lr3 lol. That’s all I really want.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hahahaha, may you get what you want, Craig! Let us know how it goes, please.

Oh, and I didn't take your statement as "Toyotas are better" nor would I argue against anything you said above, except maybe the "percentage" statement. If you are looking at "all Toyotas" versus "all Land Rovers" then certainly. Since there are comparatively fewer total LR3s out there (because they were only produced for 5 years) I'd say that the percentage of high-mileage LR3s is significant. I'm not sure how it will compare to - say - 4Runners from '05 to '09 but I'm just talking about the math, anyhow.

The only real point of my previous post was to point out that in fact there are a lot of high mileage LR3s and the 4.4 is a great engine capable of doing hundreds of thousands of miles. Definitely needs to be well maintained, though. Agree that the LR3 is cool as ****. That's part of the reason I bought a 2nd one. I wanted another 4x4 around, and I figured 'why not get one that will still be cool as it gets older?'

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The thing is, the body on these things are damn near timeless. Most people have no idea the age of these things when they see them but you can damn sure spot an old yota. I really didn’t mean to get in a what’s better conversation, I just need a couple more inches. That’s what she said.

·
very disco
2,883 Posts
I’ve got over 200k on my D3 and it runs like a freakin champ. The 4.4 is a very well designed engine.

Reactions: HOUM_WA

·
Registered
2005 LR3 SE V6 w/Coils & 2008 LR3 SE V8 on 33’s
80 Posts
Sasquatchface kept blowing axle cv joints with the 4” suspension lift. He runs +2” coil overs and 2” spacers on top of those. He did a 2” hockey puck body lift. He cut them down to 1” and thats the last I heard from him. He’s running 35” tires but I’m not sure on width. Even with that he still had to cut body (beyond cutting flares) ahead of rear wheels and aft front wheels.

I’m on
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

2.5” rods, SYA kit, and an additional 1/2” lift up front. Had to cut horns, lots of plastic up front, and the heater hose/metal body seam mod out back. I run 33.2” 275/70/r18 General Grabber X3’s and LOVE them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thank you for that response Patriotlandy! Very cool of you. You don’t know why he reduced the 2” spacer lift to 1” do you?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts