Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 disco2 172*** miles, about a week ago or so I noticed when I would take off from a start or while driving at speed when the RPM reaches 1800 to 2500ish I get a bog down of power. (accelerator pedal pressed down no power....) once it passes the RPM range i have power again..??? not sure what this could be I think maybe the MAF....

I did a timing chain and water pump about a month ago and was running just fine up until about a week ago. also there is a strong smell of gas in the cabin when I drive....think the sensors are dumping to much fuel and its not all burning??...??

Please help This is my DD and Would like to get it repaired ASAP

Louie

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Don't just start throwing parts at it yet.
Do you have any fault code number, if so what are they?
Have you ever inspected the cam/lifters for heavy wear on the lobes?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mike I have been busy this last week and have not had a chance to see if it has any codes. How would I go about checking the lifters for wear?

I had a front main seal leak that is why I replaced the timing gears and chain, along with a new water pump.

I have not noticed the issue with the power problem as much now. Don't know if I am getting use to it or what. Any other checks that I can do help diagnose the problem?

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
If you haves, get the numbers so we can talk more about your power loss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.