Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna sell my Oxford Blue '99 :bawling: and I just purchased the color of my dreams (what I originally wanted)............SILVER!

Here she is. She will get the Rangie wheels, Manik Bars and Hood Blackout this weekend. Dual roofs, but no ACE or SLS! Woot!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st rover said:
looks great...
miles? condition? price?
70,000, Excellent, $:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Dont feel bad about the price unless you just got a killer deal...I paid about 500 OVER book for mine...but i also had a negative trade-in. BUT, I dont regret a bit of it. I just love this thing beyond belief.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Also, as is with mine, you dont have the ACE or SLS. But, I heard thats not all that bad of a thing to not have. For one, its just something else to go wrong and cost in repairs. Two, I heard its easier to add off road lifts and stuff without it. But, im sure its handy at times to have stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Sweet buy Chris! That's gonna look great with the 19's and other mods. Word of advice on the Manik nerf bars, order extra end caps. Or drill a small hole through the bottom of the bar and cap so you could rivet or screw them together. I lost 2 caps before I rivited them to the nerf bar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Are you taking about putting MK III Range Rover Rims? I know they are the same bolt pattern, but isnt the wheel Hub a little Different? Don't you need an adapter for it? I'm not quite sure about it, but I was told that you can put the wheel on but there's a bit of some play on wheel. Well thats what my manager told me, and he's the Parts Manager at the local dealership in Redwood City. OH well, great buy, hope ya have fun with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Chris what are you going to do with all the audio/video stuff in the 99? You did a lot of work in the last few weeks to get rid of her like that.

SLS as far as a lift goes I have found that it would be easier/cheaper to stay 3" or under to not get into serious modification. but I am no expert, just the info from other people and someone at an indie shop.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
01001010 said:
Chris, you already have the Manik bars or do you need some?
Nah, I got em on my current 99. They are just coming off and going onto the new one. But.....how much do you want for yours? Are they for sale?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phlawed said:
Dont feel bad about the price unless you just got a killer deal...I paid about 500 OVER book for mine...but i also had a negative trade-in. BUT, I dont regret a bit of it. I just love this thing beyond belief.
Actually, I got a killer deal. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RickyRover said:
Are you taking about putting MK III Range Rover Rims? I know they are the same bolt pattern, but isnt the wheel Hub a little Different? Don't you need an adapter for it? I'm not quite sure about it, but I was told that you can put the wheel on but there's a bit of some play on wheel. Well thats what my manager told me, and he's the Parts Manager at the local dealership in Redwood City. OH well, great buy, hope ya have fun with it.
True, but I already have them on my other D2. Yes, you have to have hubcenric rings, to center the wheels on the hubs and you also have to have RR lugs as well. But I got all that covered already. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HFsdisco said:
Chris what are you going to do with all the audio/video stuff in the 99? You did a lot of work in the last few weeks to get rid of her like that.

SLS as far as a lift goes I have found that it would be easier/cheaper to stay 3" or under to not get into serious modification. but I am no expert, just the info from other people and someone at an indie shop.
Im actually selling the other 99 with all the audio/video left installed in it. It looks too clean and sounds too good to go ripping it all out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
I bet that may help you get a little more for it as well... Can't wait to see what mods you put into the new one. Any A/V mods in the near future?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HFsdisco said:
I bet that may help you get a little more for it as well... Can't wait to see what mods you put into the new one. Any A/V mods in the near future?
Just MP3 and XM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
We have XM in my wifes car and I love it. I am considering it in mine but as mentioned before still thinking about an indash monitor as well./
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
RickyRover said:
Are you taking about putting MK III Range Rover Rims? I know they are the same bolt pattern, but isnt the wheel Hub a little Different? Don't you need an adapter for it? I'm not quite sure about it, but I was told that you can put the wheel on but there's a bit of some play on wheel. Well thats what my manager told me, and he's the Parts Manager at the local dealership in Redwood City. OH well, great buy, hope ya have fun with it.
They will fit without any problems. Like Chris said, you just need to get the hubcentric ring to help them fit. I wish I could say ALL parts managers know what they are talking about :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
ibjettin said:
They will fit without any problems. Like Chris said, you just need to get the hubcentric ring to help them fit. I wish I could say ALL parts managers know what they are talking about :D
Yes, dont we all, but technically the Parts Manager was right and the rims don't exactly fit like a dream with out the help of some minor tweaking, albeit minor ones, so eh...... oh well. Hope your having fun with your new toy. Dont forget pics of the new one when your done fixing it up.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top