Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so long story short. I replaced the master cylinder and two flex lines that feed the rear from the modulator. DID a bleed on the system starting from front to rear because the manual said to do it in that order instead of the rear to front like I know. Also before Doing the four corners I did the Modulator itself. My problem at the moment is I dont have pressure still. ANd the only time I have brakes is having to pump them myself. Im at a lost right now and need help ASAP. Please someone. I know my way around a wrench but, I know defeat and well I am.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You bleed from the r/r to l/r to r/f and l/f.
How much fluid did you use, it takes 2 quarts of DOT 4 to do a full bleed/flush.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Are you sure when you installed the master cylinder the pushrod in the booster landed in the groove of the master cylinder? I had the same thing happen to me and it made a clicking sound when the pedal reached the floor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You bleed from the r/r to l/r to r/f and l/f.
How much fluid did you use, it takes 2 quarts of DOT 4 to do a full bleed/flush.
So I do old school bleeding gotcha. I used approx 1 1/2 quarts. So I need to cycle 2 quarts. Could I have air in the modulator. I did it in sequence. 1,2,3,4. then 2341...etc opening one at a time. Got good flow but, its first for me. Thank you for the help. i appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went and did everything you said and I still dont have pressure in the system. I'm using DOT 4 preston. Bled from the rear to the front and still no pressure. I dont have any leaks as I checked the entire system. I even bled the abs modulator. Is there anything I could be missing or anything else at fault?

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Maybe a silly question but did you pre bleed the new master before you installed it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.