Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confusedToday, I just picked up my rover from getting brand new brake pads and rotors installed. Drove it home..no brake problem....installed 4 new tires and still no brake problem...but as soon as I left the tire shop..thats when everything went downhill...
1. Brake light, traction control light, and ABS light came on and stayed on
2. Brakes would go all the way down and I would have to pump the brakes several times to stop
3. The ABS cycle stayed on the entire time...would not shut off...for about 3 miles
4. finally made it home and as I was parallel parking the front calipers seized up on me....I know this because as I was putting in in drive..it was hard to move the rover and the same once in reverse...but after pumping the brakes a few times the calipers let up and normal driving was available.

My question is this: Besides the seized calipers issue...what is going on with my truck...is it the Pump itself, the Accumulator, or the pressure switch.
I read somewhere that it is not wise to use another Accumulator because it likes using a used condom.....sorry......and i checked AB for the ABS pump and for the classic they want $2000:eek: ......is there a way to diagnose what the issue is.....really frustrated with "Goldie" right now..Need help :confused:mad:

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@paul I got into the rover yesterday and started her right up.... Checked my fluids and it was good, then I stepped on the brake 30 times with the rover off, then started it up again and checked the fluids and it seemed fine... No change or drop.... Got under the rover while still running and did not see any leaks....except for the power steering fluid.....am I doing something wrong?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is it possible, when you had a brakes done and the calipers had to be pushed back, and the brake fluid stirred up some junk/debris and that got in into the ABS...valves... solenoid?
That "could" cause the brakes to lock up and than let the pressure got thru to make the pedal floor or soft.
When I do my brakes I open the bleeders up, so the old fluid runs out and not back in the system. And there are always some floaties running out.
If this is possibility, have the system flushed/changed. Beats $2000.
I am just guessing vs Paul, who has a lot more experience with these trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.