Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I need new pads.. mine are smoked. What do you guys recommend? I want something that doesn't make as much dust as the OEM's and something that isn't so aggressive that is chews up my rotors in 10K miles.

I just need a good pad that won't fade, doesn't squeel, won't wreck my rotors, and has much lower dust than the OEM's.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
well the dust produced means they are quiet. But the ceramic you can buy from other places other then the dealer mean they will last longer but be noisy.

Its a tradeoff, noise for dust.

and honestly most last well over 40k. Unless your a bit heavy on the brakes.

Whatever you use make sure to lube the slides when your in there and clean the hubs of rust and add some antiseize on the hubs so you can get the tires off easier next time.

and to clean the brake dust, try using Meaurtic acid. Its what our car washers use and it works great. spray some on let it soak and use a very light plastic brush to clean the rest off. then wash it down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.