Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at replacing all my brakes, but was curious if anyone knows the best way to go when replacing the brake pads and rotors on a Land Rover LR2?

I have looked at Atlantic British's site and saw these three options for brake kits:

There are 3 options:
The Standard Rotors and Ferodo Pads
LR2 Brake Rebuild Kits: Brakes For LR2 And Freelander 2

The OEM Land Rover Rotors and Pads
Brake Rebuild Kit - Front & Rear - Land Rover kits from Atlantic British

or the uber expensive EBC option:
Brake Rebuild Kit Frt/Rear EBC - Land Rover kits from Atlantic British

I am not all that keen on spending nearly $1000 for just the parts, so I think the 3rd option is out of the running. Does anyone know about the Standard rotors and Ferodo pads? I have also heard people say I should go with ceramic pads. Is this a wise decision, and if so what brands would you recommend?

Does anyone have any experience replacing their brakes? What did you choose? And how did it turn out?

·
2008 LR2 SE
69 Posts
Did the front brakes today. NAPA Premium Rotors (ie Raybestos), Textar semi-metallic pads, Carquest Pad Clips. I re-used the torque-plate bolts (cleaned them and applied blue loctite).

The pad clips were in fine shape, I seriously doubt they needed to be replaced but I bought them in advance so what the heck.

Works fine, no noise. We'll see if they still make dust like OEM. I'll be doing a trailer trip in the mountains next month (3500# camper), so that will be the real test.

·
2008 LR2 SE
69 Posts
Did the front brakes today. NAPA Premium Rotors (ie Raybestos), Textar semi-metallic pads, Carquest Pad Clips. I re-used the torque-plate bolts (cleaned them and applied blue loctite).

The pad clips were in fine shape, I seriously doubt they needed to be replaced but I bought them in advance so what the heck.

Works fine, no noise. We'll see if they still make dust like OEM. I'll be doing a trailer trip in the mountains next month (3500# camper), so that will be the real test.
Update: a couple thousand miles including a a trip to the Sierras with a 3500# trailer, all is good. Less dust than OEM pads by a significant margin but still a little dust. Might try ceramics next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.