Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes began to squeel, so I figured it was time for new pads. I didn't get OEM pads. Anyway a few days later the squeel is back.. same area too. I sound like a bus whenever stopping at a red light =/

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
A few questions and a few ideas....

Hi there.

I take it the squeel only happens when you hit the brakes.

Did you clean the brakes and the rotors? Get a mask and either use compressed air or the brake cleaner in an ventilated workplace.

If it continues, why not get that goo that quiets the brakes? It will be good until its real wet again. Then the wash will keep it clear.

Adam in NYC

BTW, anyone know where I can get the shims for my front calipers. Mine are still clicking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also had a squeal on the brakes, after fitting non OEM pads, have a look at the rattle plates. In my case the rattle plates was worn and this lead to a brake pad that touched the hub and made that terrible squeal. The rattle plats comes with OEM pads.
To check if this is the problem, check if a brake pad is touching the hub or check for scrape marks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.