Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Discovery. I recently changed brakes to the ProLine brake pads from Rovers North. This was the first time I have changed brake pads on the Discovery (I have changed pads on my other cars). There was no vibration in the brakes and the rotors looked good so I did not change them. I followed the instructions on this web site.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/disco2brakes/

I bled out the lines while I was changing the pads. I test drove the car and it brakes great. My problem is the brakes really squeal at low speed braking or at the end of a braking cycle. Will this go away or is there anything I can do to reduce it. It's really loud.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
You could have glazed rotors, how many miles on the truck?
Did you use any sound deadening material, spray or otherwise, on the backing plates??
Some pads are prone to squeaking do to the material they are made from. To say what is causing your noise is hard to tell, but here are a few ideas.
Good luck,
Mike J.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info. The truck has 60k but the last time the brakes were done by the dealer (20k miles maybe?) they replaced the rotors as well.

I'm going to try to spray the wheels and get any dust/whatever out and see if that helps.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Spraying the rotors won't help, got to get a little more agressive, pull the pads, bevel the edges if need and but sound deadening material on the backing plate even if it comes with a sound deadening pad, spray it too.
Mike J.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.