Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

I have now put new rotors/pads on the front and new pads on the rear (rotors were in great shape). I still sound like a bus when I stop not all time though, but still happens and is driving me crazy. I love my Disco, but I hate stopping at a busy intersection and having people look at me funny becuase of the noise. Any clues as to what I can do to get this to stop happening.

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
It might be as RoverX states or you just might have some glazing on your discs/pads. Is the noise from the front or rear or both? Sometimes if you don't break in your new brakes(nice) or if the pads are aftermarket and a little too thick for the calipers things will get too hot and glaze over. If that is the case just pop off the pads and use a fine git sandpaper to sand off the glaze in a non directional pattern. You can use that on your discs also just don't score too deep and use plenty of brake cleaner after. Sounds crazy but I used to do it on my rally cars and my old RRC.

· Registered
321 Posts
also could be the type of brake pad you got. Past experience is that some squeel like crazy and other manufactor doesn't.... also did you put enough anti squeel goop on the back of the pad? Alot of ppl don't agree with me but i just slop it on.
take care
sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.