Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time post; I drive a 93 Range Rover County 3.9 liter. About 6 months ago I put in a brand new fuel pump and just a week ago I thought I ran out of gas and realized my fuel pump wouldn't engage. I checked my relays, replaced my fuel filter and did a voltage test on the 3 prong plug to the fuel pump. And while I was getting power to the pump, I was only getting 5.25 volts while in the on position.

Basically I'm wondering if this is the regular power supply or if maybe there is a voltage drop somewhere in the circuit. Any information or suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
First time post; I drive a 93 Range Rover County 3.9 liter. About 6 months ago I put in a brand new fuel pump and just a week ago I thought I ran out of gas and realized my fuel pump wouldn't engage. I checked my relays, replaced my fuel filter and did a voltage test on the 3 prong plug to the fuel pump. And while I was getting power to the pump, I was only getting 5.25 volts while in the on position.

Basically I'm wondering if this is the regular power supply or if maybe there is a voltage drop somewhere in the circuit. Any information or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Without the motor running you will only get power to the pump for a few seconds immediately after you switch the ignition on.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
The voltage you are seeing is the gauge power.

Rig a circuit tester light such that you can see it from operator position. Watch the circuit tester as you turn the key to the on position. If the light does not illuminate, begin tracking the circuit backwards. Multiple opportunities in a Classic for circuit interruptions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.