Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks I will bring this tip to the mechanic because he never work on a Disco before

Hello, :D

I have a Disco 1 and have been experiencing loss of brake friction that comes and goes slowly when I stop. The brakes will work, but I need to press down completely and it basically comes to a rolled stop. At that point, I start pumping the brakes which makes it stop a little better. It feels as if the brakes can go completely at any minute. Then it goes back to normal. It is not leaking break fluid. Anyone have this happen? If so, what is the cause and $$ to fix? thankk you :dunno:

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I had a similar problem on my RRC....It was the master cylinder for me...I don't remember the cost, but i remember it wasn't as bad as I thought!!

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
look for leaks in any line, or caliper.

also is the vehicle pulling. Many a times a stuck caliper that is leaking will pull.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Brake Fade

Eduardo,
How long has it been since you flushed your brake fluid. If you fluid is burned, OLD, you will experience a soft and fade brake pedal while stopping.
It is cheap and quick to do a complete flush, try it and drive for a couple of days before you panic and need to pay a mechanic.
Mike J.

· Registered
317 Posts
Good suggestions here...certainly, brake fluid should be changed every two years...

It could be a master cylinder that's on it's way south...I've also seen similar symptoms with a flex line that's on it's way out...could also be air in the system, but if it doesn't happen all the time, prolly not.

Start with a simple bleed out...but start saving those pennies for a MC...I was perusing the RN catalog, didn't seem like it would be that expensive...

Bogatyr

· Registered
707 Posts
My Bet is on the master cylinder... i would try flushing the system but I doubt it will rectify your issue. I'd start looking for best pricing i could find on master cylinders.. its not a difficult fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.