Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

British Car Meet Palo Alto 9/11

7K views 49 replies 8 participants last post by  ibjettin 
#1 ·
Just as a reminder, the British Car Meet will again be in Palo Alto, CA on September 11th. I plan to be there with my XD... anyone else going???

THE BRITISH CAR MEET * 2005
EL CAMINO PARK * PALO ALTO
September 10th & 11th * 9am - 5pm

Join us for one of the most historic British automotive lawn events in
California. Over 500 quirky, classic, and thoroughly lovable British
cars are once again expected to grace the field at El Camino Park (across
from Stanford Center) for the 25th Annual Palo Alto British Car Meet.

* SUNDAY CAR SHOW - SEPTEMBER 11th

Join your British car friends for a smashing day at the park. Don't have
a show car? Don't worry! Daily drivers, vintage racers, street rods &
works-in-progress are as welcome as Concours quality restorations.
British food, jazz, toys, and more fun than you'll be able to tolerate!
People's Choice Awards in six classes. There will be no preregistration
and all entrants will receive a commemorative gift. Cars will be placed
on the field at about 9am, and the fun goes on all day. The registration
fee is $25 per car at the gate. Joining us again this year will be the cool
little cars from the Arcane Auto Society. Spectators attend for free.

* SATURDAY SWAP MEET - SEPTEMBER 10th

This year we are adding a FREE swap meet for British car owners
provided by O'Cconnor Classics Autos in the car park outside their
shop, 2569 Scott Blvd. in Santa Clara. From the Bayshore Freeway
(101), Take The Montague south, turn left at Scott, the very first
cross street, and follow it around to the 2500 block, look for the
industrial complex to the left. The meet will go from 7am - 11am.
This will give people the chance to do both the swap meet and the
tour. Leave enough time - El Camino Park is about 25 minutes away.

* SATURDAY BACKROAD TOUR - SEPTEMBER 10th

The British Car Meet TOUR TO THE SEA starts at El Camino Park
in Palo Alto - the same place as the Sunday Car Show. This is a no-
cost option for people who like to drive their cars as well as show 'em.
We will be sending cars off between 9:00am and 11:00am. A map will
be provided. The tour ends at Cameron's Pub in Half Moon Bay
where we will be kicking tyres and telling tall tales in the car park
well into the afternoon.

* DIRECTIONS TO EL CAMINO PARK:

El Camino Park is located on the El Camino, just north of University
Ave, opposite Stanford Center. From 101 take University Ave. west,
go under the Alma Street overpass, and turn right onto the El Camino
Real. From 280, take the Sandhill Road Exit east and turn right on the
El Camino, stay to the right to the University Ave exit, turn left at the
overpass, then left again back onto the El Camino heading north.

PLEASE, DO NOT PARK TRAILERS IN THE STANFORD
CENTER PARKING LOT! Trailer parking will be available on-site
on the south field baseball diamond.

Call for information: 310-392-6605
e-mail: <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>

See less See more
#3 ·
I've been going for about 10 years.. probably be about a dozen or two LR's.... Beer?? of course.. and bangers and mash and more stuff.. we could caravan down..

I finally touched base with the Defender guy down in my hood.. 1996 diesel 110. Bought on Ebay... came from Saudi Arabia..

Anyhow, anyone that wants to go, let's plan it out.

Serg

#6 ·
Guys the show is on Sunday... gates open at 9am, you pay at the gate when you enter. We could meet in San Jose around 7:30-8 and head down.. the reason for that early of a time, is that there will be a huge line of cars waiting to get in if you wait too long.

IB.. he saw the car on Ebay from an east coast state. The other fellow brought it in... apparently he had ZERO issues with CA DMV as it is a diesel, hence no smog!

Serg

#8 ·
Unfortunately I don't think my printer can get the banner done in time.. I will check...
Worst case I will get some large photoquality printouts of the logo on glossy paper to put in our windows...

Serg

#10 ·
Yeah it's only $25 per vehicle, would be cool if we could all park alongside each other...

Serg

#12 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to be heading out of town with the family for a little desreved vacation next week. I'm cool with hooking up anywhere before the event. If it's posted on the site than we'll all know where to go. Name the place and we're there :buttrock:

Great idea Vince :drink1:

#13 ·
Vince if you are in the city, there really is no sense in you drivin' down to San Jose.. we can meet at the meet. If I know how many people plan to show up and put their vehicles inside, I can ask them to set some spots aside for us when I show up.

Serg

#14 ·
PA meet

Ok, do you know what time you guys might be there? Ill probly be with siam. I also might go off roading the day before to get some good mud on there. or should i not. Off Roading Yes/No What do you guys think? Sorry wrong question. MUD!!!!!!!!!!! :D Yes/No? :dunno:

#18 ·
Guys as the date gets closer we'll pick a place that is close... probably something right off 85 would work.

Bascom and Hamilton are a bit out of the way, we might as well take 85 to 280 to Page Mill.. I am thinking meet up at around 7:45 or so... will let ya know..

Vince 80.... GET THAT SUCKER MUDDY AS ALL HELL!! That would be way cool!

#21 ·
keep your pants on! serg said he'll post the plan this weekend. will you be coming to the bay area via 580 or farther south? i ask because serg, me and ibjettin (and maybe more) will be traveling to Palo Alto via 280 outta San Jose. you'll get directions, don't you worry. i'm also thinking of packing a cooler full of "soda" because i'm too cheap to buy "soda" at an event.

#23 ·
that's what i figured you'd be doing. if that's the case, you'll probably want to just come down 680 to SJ and meet up with us. however, i'll leave the planning up to the LROF boss.

IB moved down to SJ a couple weeks ago.

signing off now, must get my beauty rest (and because my son will be up at 5:30 tomorrow morning).

#26 ·
Ok guys... sorry for the delay... here is the plan:

We will meet on Sunday the 11th at 8am. The meet starts at 9am, they park all cars by make so we won't have issues being next to each other..

Our meeting point will be the Safeway parking lot at 15549 Union Ave, Los Gatos, CA 95032. Here is a map. We will caravan to Palo Alto. Anyone too far to meet at the gathering point, we'll see you at meet itself. If you get there later, I will be wearing my LRO shirt, so you should be able to find me/us with relative ease....

Any questions??

Griff.. yeah bring some "soda"... bring some for me too....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.