Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys was driving my 04 rover today with 115xxx miles on it and broke down.

I have had problems with overheating in the past at random times and I would turn my ac on and then it would settle down. (I'm pretty sure its something electrical with my fan not kicking in until i use ac) however I've been able to drive it and just check the fluids for the last several months.

Today I was driving down the highway took the exit, then as I started to gas it I realized that I was slowing down, lost my power steering and power brakes. Tried restarting it now only turns over but doesn't ever start. (if it was my old jeep i'd assume it was the carb, or fuel filter but its not unfortunately)

Also Ive notice a fume smell in the rover and today it was very strong. i was thinking from what I had read on here is that it was a exhaust leak…

Im at work and its on the side of the road…

I would love y'all input, you guys have helped me in past and if got any idea would love to hear, or if you know any other threads that has deal with please let me know. Im just hoping I don't have blown gaskets.

thanks

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK after doing more reading looks like it could be a sensor or a fuse? my negitave battery cable was little loose but seems like it was getting enough connection. As soon as I can get out of the office I plan to check the fuses and also try a different battery/tighten the connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.