Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too bad, really. One of the first time things worked out well.

I got the Brush bar on with no problems... took a trip down to Lowes and picked up some harden 5 inch bolts to replace the original bolts to the bumper. Fit like a glove!

As for the lights, I did some temp wiring until I can get a true wire harness. Will be ordering this. I am looking at some after market kits with a remote switch to control the lights individually. Probably a waste of time, "Live and Learn".

Her is the pic... I have to figure out how to make this pics smaller...

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the side view on the drivers side. If you remove the head light, you can thread the wiring into the bottom slot of the grill and into behind the head lights... I was not even close to the radiator and with the plastic wire covering... I think it looks clean. Now with that said, maybe I could wash the car.

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Looks nice! where did you get the brush bar?

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was one of those little finds on Ebay. It had the primary hook ups (plugs) on the lights but the terminal ends had been cut. Right now, I have them plugged into the pre-existing fog light switch (they had the exact plugs). My original lights lost their seal so replacing those bulbs dont last very long.

I would rather run a seperate wire so I can run them with my brights on, though. I figure if I need all this extra light, I might need my bright lights as well.

I am sure once I get around to the Safari rack (and those lights) I will have plenty of lighting to go around. I tell you what is most exciting is the fact that one day I will have rear facing lamps. Backing up in the trees is hard enough... those back up lights simply dont light up enough to make it any easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.