Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The brush guard on my D1 has rusted through at the weld points where the mounting brackets are attached. I've thought of either replacing the bar and reattaching the brackets, or welding some plates to cover the holes and then putting the brackets back on. I think the BG is pretty old. It was flopping back and forth on the autobahn with the previous owner and she never had it repaired. Is it possible or sensible to cover the holes and weld the brackets back on or should I just get a new brush guard? The guy I had look at it said there's a lot of rust througout. There's a few offered on eBay and other sites, but shipping to Germany is expensive. I've looked around locally, but there's not much to offer.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
If you know a good weld shop or are a good welder yourself...cut off the old brackets and just weld your own brackets on........ well if you're trying to save $$$$$....But i may be easier to just buy a different bar!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.