Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93 LWB has been bucking a little bit lately. I put in a new coil the other week, and that may be the problem, because I put in a crappy cheap one. Anyway it drives down the freeway ( 10 min at highway speeds so its as warm as its going to be) then its like the power is cut. It bucks like its getting power then dies the bucks and goes again, and it doesn’t happen for the rest of the way to work. Yesterday I was coming off the freeway and it just died. I tried to start the engine, and it was like the battery was dead. The starter just clicked. I waited for about 15 seconds, tried it again and it started up just fine and all the way to my house. The alternator whines a little, but its probably just the bearing. I am not sure if its original, although it looks like it is. The car is a 93 LWB with 150K miles.

Its probably the coil right?

Thanks in advance. D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got this from a local Rover Mechanic

hi

check your battery ground,the connection going to the side of your ignition distributor.on the right side of the distributor.
it does sound like a fuel pump dying to,but the starter only clicking tell me you have power shortage at one point.
you have a relay under the passenger pump wich sometimes gets bad connection,the relay is blue and if it gets hot when the car is running you should replace it because it will cut power to the fuel pump.

good luck

ERic..

Well its not the fuel pump, that has been done! I don't think it has anything to do with heat, as Its not that hot here and it has happened on the freeway cruising at 70 MPH in the early AM (5:45AM).

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Maybe I should say I replaced my Ignition Amplifier module AFTER it ate two coils. Mine was not a "how hot it gets" problem. It had gotten hot too many times and failed. The relocation puts the module where it can't get engine hot anymore.

I thought mine was a fuel pump also. I pulled my pump and it was working fine.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am such a flipping loser!!`

Well along the way on my diagnosis with my voltage meter. I tested the battery to make sure i was on the right dial. I noticed that the positive terminal on my battery was loose... I guess i forgot to tighten it the night that I put in the new coil. So i think this is what was causing my intermittent stalling.. I HOPE ANYWAY!!

D :beer: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts