Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· rovering??
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
head lamp bulb rating for eg H4 100/55 W
I want to know if the 100 is the high beam wattage and the 55 the low beam . or is it the other way around?

· rovering??
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that explains it

presently i have 65/55 and i feel they are too weak
i found a place where i can get the hella 100/80 W which i am going to put in. now the question is will i need to rewire? or i need to rewire with a relay? or just add a relay per lamp?

· Registered
1,744 Posts
If you want, you could go IPF 90/145 which I run, and I think Hella have a 90/130. FWIW, Painless make a wiring kit (with relay) that will make your install easy.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
From experience, I have also come to discover, that sometimes fitting higher wattage globes does not give you much brighter lights. Here's why!
1. If your vehicle is getting on in years, the silvery coating on the reflectors begins to dull and your new globes don't seem that much brighter.
2. The pattern of the diffuser on your lense doesn't project the light that much more.

If you are unhappy with your results, look at changing one or both of the above.

· rovering??
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yeah thats the law. but who cares when u cant see good with that amount of light ... i drive in the mountains often and i need more power so i am moving to the hella 100/90 i guess. they are are the same ones i had earlier in the hella vision plus..which shattered due to a stone...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.