Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got my 99 Discovery I paid off and Im ready to go to work on it. Im looking to first replace the factory brush guard with an off road bull bar for more clearance and tougher looks. Ive already ordered OME shocks and Rovertym springs to do a 2" lift. What are your thoughts on the bull bars and some advice on which mods to go with first. As of now the only mods I have are a complete JL audio system custom fit to my rover and the factory brush guard. What are some thoughts on the safari snorkel kit and Im thinking I want to go with Goodyear MTR tires in 265/75/16. Thanks for the info in advance and I'll post pics soon.

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
I have an SG front bumper. No offense to the many ARB fans out there-- but I think the SG bumper gives you more clearance up front & doesn't stick out quite as much. The 265's will fit great with the lift you are getting. You may want to consider some rear quarter-panel trimming because the Disco's rear overhang is so extreme. I also have a Safari snorkel which is great on the very dusty trails out in CO, or for entering deep puddles. I can't speak for the MTRs as I run BFGs but apparently the MTR has proven itself on many a trail.

One recommendation I would make as you are building up your Disco is to add rock sliders asap. If you've ever taken your front tire up an obstacle & come down on your plastic side sills you know what I mean. The sliders will make a big difference, as well as provided a solid jacking point. Both SG & RTE carry well build sliders. (I attached a picture demonstrating what I mean).

Finally, one of the best off-road 'mods' you can get for a Disco is a tow-hitch recovery point, scroll down to bottom of page on this link: http://www.roversnorth.com/RRD04/RRD04_88_91/RRD04_page90.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.