Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

2,687 Posts
I'm assuming you're just looking at the slim ones, RoverTym and SafariGard right? I'd personally go with RoverTym.. just heard nothing but good things about them. If it's for a Disco1 I'd also suggest considering 4x4ag's scorpion racing bumper.. its real nice, a fraction of the cost of the others.

· Registered
229 Posts
rmuller said:
I'm assuming you're just looking at the slim ones, RoverTym and SafariGard right? I'd personally go with RoverTym.. just heard nothing but good things about them. If it's for a Disco1 I'd also suggest considering 4x4ag's scorpion racing bumper.. its real nice, a fraction of the cost of the others.
can i get a link to that please?
:drive:

2,687 Posts

That one is the disco one.. It offers the same protection as any other bar.. doesn't have a brushguard on it though.. the increase angle is great though. John C. is running one on his disco1

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Whatever you get make sure it's at least 1/4" thick. Most of the bumpers out there are not very thick and they bend easily. Also, check out how they attach to the frame and if the are spray painted or powder coated. Also, it should have a good recovery point and holes for a hi-lift. Departure angle is important also.

Good luck.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the info. I am checking out the 4x4ag ones. They look pretty cool. What about ARB bumbers?

2,687 Posts
Other than the ones listed above, two more choices are ARB or TJM.. both have a bad approach angle compared to the above ones.. but they look beefier and look retain more a stock look.. TJM has been preferred over ARB since it has a slight better approach angle, and supposedly a better mounting system. I'm running a TJM right now..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.