Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all: Just wondering if anyone knows a little about replacing all the bushings?
  1. Is this a good thing to do occasionaly?
  2. How can you tell if you need to replace them?
  3. Are the poly bushings better than the rubber?
  4. What is the best for my 1995 LWB RRC?
  5. Are they easy to replace, ie how do you know what goes where?
Any other helpful info is appreciated.
Cheers!:drink1:

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Changing the bushings

I changed the bushings on my 88 RR with about 200K miles. Some of the bushings will go faster than the others. Its not a job you want to do often. I used OEM stock bushings. Most guys use the poly bushes. They cost twice as much or more ( I paid $100.00 for a full set of OEM bushes), but they are half as easy to put in. NO matter what you are going to have to have a 20 ton press to get the old ones out.. the poly bushes go in without fight, but the OEM ones need to go in with a press. If you wheel alot you may consider the poly's, But in my personal and humble opinion, the stock ones work good enough for Land Rover to put them in so why not do it again.
What ever you decide from mine and others advice, this is not a job you want to do often! ONCE is enough!.. So make your choice wisely.
My 2 cents

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
Ironman polybushes marvellous,replace bolts when doing it they wear too,avoid stainless inserts will wear bolts at an alarming rate,to remove old bushes use a blowtorch to burn the rubber out then use a hacksaw to cut through the outer casing knock out with a hammer and chisel easy!! :)

ONz (bushmaster general)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.