Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am Looking at a Used discovery series II SE with Leather heated power seats dual sunroofs ect. within the mileage range of 20,000 to 30,000 miles. Just wondering what you think the correct price would be for a vehicle like this. THX :buttrock:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Depends on where you are located and which model and options you have on it.
I bought mine as an off lease Rover from a dealer but the best prices I have seen lately are on e-bay.
Mike J.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes We are in Louisville KY and we were sorda looking at one at Land Rover. we saw good Prices on ebay also but they do not have have good warranties or you have to buy the warranty from a unreliabl company. :bgreen:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The warranty on Rovers is 4 years or 50,000 miles no mater where you buy it na d if you want an extended warranty you can still buy from from your local dealer.
Mike J.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Pricing will depend on year, other options etc.

With that low of mileage, you must be looking at 03, or 04's?

Expect to pay mid to high 20's for a decent example. Also opt for the extra warranty (2-year, 24K) You should also make sure it is a certified vehicle, meaning that the dealer has all records and service history.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Disco Mike said:
The warranty on Rovers is 4 years or 50,000 miles no mater where you buy it na d if you want an extended warranty you can still buy from from your local dealer.
Mike J.
I was offered an extension to the 4 year term regular warranty by my dealer ... with "interesting terms" I have never heard of before ... it was pricey at just under $3,000.00 Canadian Dollars for the 3 year extension... but if you do not use during that 3 years you get a 100% refund at the end of year 7.

With terms such as this you wouldn't be tempted to use it for the penny stuff so it would only be more like a "catastrophic failure warranty". It was good to 160,0000km if I recall.

I never purchase extended warranties on anything. But this one has me tempted...

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Who was the warranty written thru? I have never heard of that refund feature before, but don't let that be the deciding factor because, and I save this in a loving fashion, you are driving a Rover and you will use that policy.
Mike J.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Disco Mike said:
Who was the warranty written thru? I have never heard of that refund feature before, but don't let that be the deciding factor because, and I save this in a loving fashion, you are driving a Rover and you will use that policy.
Mike J.
My dealer told me about the warranty ... but I never thought of asking who it is who underwrites the warranty but I will (good question... thanks).

I could be Land Rover Canada themselves ... but I will ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd buy it. I have put over $5000 US in my 2000 disco II in the past 4 months. I have 60 K miles, 10K out of warranty and this thing is just a money pit. I have the most expensive version with evry possible option and I'm really paying for them now. I wish I had bought the extended warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.