Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Multiple lr3's and Discovery 2's
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched different forums for hours for information on this code. My 2005 lr3 has been giving this for weeks intermittently. Yesterday I towed a trailer and as I drove the suspension slowly lowered down to the blocks about the time I got home. Due to this code I cannot get the suspension to raise. When I try to change height it says "start engine to raise suspension". There is a communication issue between that the lr3 is running and the suspension. The live data says air is in the tank but it won't activate. Months ago I fixed the leaking tube issue by the cjb and I have also been experiencing problems with the rear hatch latch not opening and giving a rear hatch open message as well as drivers and passenger door ajar messages. I have a used cjb I was planning to install in my quest for sorting the doors out but I was still able to drive it so I haven't made it a priority. Is the cjb a possible culprit for this C1A55 code? Like I said before there's virtually no information on this code... I'm almost to the point of scrapping the rig or doing a coil conversion. Thanks in advance.

·
very disco
2,740 Posts
Don’t scrap it, every time an LR gets a coil conversion an angel dies and falls from heaven.

if you start the truck with the driver door open, does the EAS error out? Or does it wait until the door is closed?

I would for sure get the CJB sorted first because it is involved

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The door says it's always open.... I just replaced the latch on the drivers door. No effect... Says it's still always open. I ordered another latch thinking maybe a bad aftermarket latch but haven't installed it. Just the last week or so the passenger door started saying it's open too..

The rear hatch has been given an open error and the top hatch will not actuate... (mechanism is good, switch is good, no continuity between latch and cjb for some reason).

This C1A55 code may be related to the doors? Maybe a cjb problem? Maybe a ignition switch problem?

But yes, I do agree. An angel surly losses it's wings with a coil conversion... It's like admitting defeat on a problem that should be fixable.

·
very disco
2,740 Posts
The EAS should not operate with the driver door open. If the truck is unable to recognize the driver door being closed, then that is a problem.

Reactions: rob bartleman

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's been operating for months... when you go over 30 mph I believe it bypasses the sensors? It generally raises up but now it does not when I drive over 30... The real question is are the door sensors connected to this fault? I've thought that the doors were the reason it was giving a fault and planned to sort them when it's warmer (no easy place to work inside...) I can put a dozen new latches in but it may not be a latch problem... this particular code C1A55,
Ignition Switch Input Circuit, may or may not be connected with the door issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have searched different forums for hours for information on this code. My 2005 lr3 has been giving this for weeks intermittently. Yesterday I towed a trailer and as I drove the suspension slowly lowered down to the blocks about the time I got home. Due to this code I cannot get the suspension to raise. When I try to change height it says "start engine to raise suspension". There is a communication issue between that the lr3 is running and the suspension. The live data says air is in the tank but it won't activate. Months ago I fixed the leaking tube issue by the cjb and I have also been experiencing problems with the rear hatch latch not opening and giving a rear hatch open message as well as drivers and passenger door ajar messages. I have a used cjb I was planning to install in my quest for sorting the doors out but I was still able to drive it so I haven't made it a priority. Is the cjb a possible culprit for this C1A55 code? Like I said before there's virtually no information on this code... I'm almost to the point of scrapping the rig or doing a coil conversion. Thanks in advance.
I am assuming that you are referring to the sunroof drain tube when you mentioned you fixed a leaking tube by the CJB. I did the same repair on my '05 LR3 and behind the CJB are, I believe, 6 terminals that connect to the other part of the CJB and the CJB is locked into that part by the retaining clip/lever in front of the CJB. When you re-install the CJB after fixing the tube leak, sometimes the front half does not latch on properly to the back half therefore having intermittent connection loss on the terminals. Raise the retaining clip/lever then push the CJB so that the terminals in the back goes further inside the rear half creating a good contact then lower the retaining clip/lever to lock it in place. See if this solves your issue. reverendALC is correct that your air suspension will not work when the computer senses that a door is open. I had similar electrical issues when I repaired my sunroof drain tube and doing this solved all my problems. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am assuming that you are referring to the sunroof drain tube when you mentioned you fixed a leaking tube by the CJB. I did the same repair on my '05 LR3 and behind the CJB are, I believe, 6 terminals that connect to the other part of the CJB and the CJB is locked into that part by the retaining clip/lever in front of the CJB. When you re-install the CJB after fixing the tube leak, sometimes the front half does not latch on properly to the back half therefore having intermittent connection loss on the terminals. Raise the retaining clip/lever then push the CJB so that the terminals in the back goes further inside the rear half creating a good contact then lower the retaining clip/lever to lock it in place. See if this solves your issue. reverendALC is correct that your air suspension will not work when the computer senses that a door is open. I had similar electrical issues when I repaired my sunroof drain tube and doing this solved all my problems. Hope it helps.

Yes, the sunroof tube by the CJB. I will check that asap. I went out a few days ago and started it. No codes at all drove it a few miles once up to speed the suspension raised up. Been driving it the last few days. Today drive 30 min, no codes then the code returned. Been showing the code constantly all day today. The problem is intermittent. It could very certainty be a loose connection as you mentioned. I will update once I take a look. It's snowing here all weekend. It may be Monday before the weather cooperates to work on it. Thanks guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts