·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this for your BAJA?

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
I'm not going to do an external roll cage, just internal as required by the Baja rules. Too much weight otherwise.

I am hoping to have a big LRO turn out. A big party, much cerveza and so forth. Basically, just have a good time. I plan to do it in 4 years, right after my 40th birthday in 2009. Maybe sooner if I can have the rig ready before them. I will need a co-pilot, people to man each check point for gas, food, shitter and so forth.

As far as the co-pilot, I'm not sure who it will be. Needs to be someone who can drive good (obviously) and someone who can do some fixes on the fly. I have wheeled with a lot of good people and there are a lot of good people on LRO. The decision will be a tough one. I might do two teams. I'll start out and finish with another team doing the middle. Not sure what to do yet. 1000 miles in less than 32 hours.

Whatever I decide to do...I hope a lot of LRO people are there. Of course, everyone will have to pay their own way. But it should be a blast.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd join the team for sure. Chasing would be fun enough for me since you've got drivers in mind. Good times.

:rellye :drink1:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll bring down my camper...It can sleep 8

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Monty said:
Yeah, but how many sheep can it fit? :eek:

well i fugure the sheep will be on the floor for the most part....So 8 people and 6 sheep......I guess i will have to modify my RRC to carry more sheep for roverx celebration!!! LOL :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
roverX said:
I'm not going to do an external roll cage, just internal as required by the Baja rules. Too much weight otherwise.

I am hoping to have a big LRO turn out. A big party, much cerveza and so forth. Basically, just have a good time. I plan to do it in 4 years, right after my 40th birthday in 2009. Maybe sooner if I can have the rig ready before them. I will need a co-pilot, people to man each check point for gas, food, shitter and so forth.

As far as the co-pilot, I'm not sure who it will be. Needs to be someone who can drive good (obviously) and someone who can do some fixes on the fly. I have wheeled with a lot of good people and there are a lot of good people on LRO. The decision will be a tough one. I might do two teams. I'll start out and finish with another team doing the middle. Not sure what to do yet. 1000 miles in less than 32 hours.

Whatever I decide to do...I hope a lot of LRO people are there. Of course, everyone will have to pay their own way. But it should be a blast.
You need to shop for sponsors, dude. Get that Range Rover tweaked for nothing! I'll be a pit stop. You'll need to add a tank of have a pit every 100 miles. Keep us informed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.