Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, was wondering if yall had any ideas about the Brush Guards Used on the Camel Trophy events, if they were worth it or not? Which would you prefer, the ARB, the TJM, or the Camel Trophy Style Brush Guards and bumper? I found a site online that sells them 9 ( http://www.roveraccessories.com/brownchurch.htm )but i was also wondering if yall now any other place that sells them?

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Unless I'm reading their ad wrong, Seems like $1200 clams (600 for bar, 600 for bumper) is alot to pay. The ARB is about 2/3 that, and is heavy duty enough. I prefer Warn over Superwinch (actually I prefer Ramsey worm drive, but no one made a front brushbar/bumper to accept it)

· Registered
363 Posts
Go to the Discovery forum!!

I asked the same thing. I am just ordered ABR brush bar and side steeps. Go to the second page of the Discovery forum. As for the photo you will see. Take note the damage was done after the truck went over the tree stump. they guy just bent the guard when he backed up.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
price dont matter

to me, price isnt important, what is important is getting the best product available and feeling good and confident about what i purchased. im leaning torwards the camel trophy style of bumper and brush guard, becuase everyone has an ARB bumper and the TJM looks so stupid, i mean seriously, no offense and all, but that sucker is like 3'' tube piping and it does not go with the styling cues of the land rover discovery, for a moment i was thinking about the safari gard front bull bar, but my interest in that product has recently deminished, iono i just want to know what yall think about the camel trophy front bumper and brush guard and if anyone knows of any draw backs to it. and also has anyone found any other site or know anywhere else i can purchase a camel trophy bumper and brush guard?

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Dan, you might also check out this web site and look at the TJM's, I believe they are of a better quality and strength the the ARB.
http://www.expeditionexchange.com/
Good luck, whatever way you go.
Mike J.

· Too much money,not enough sense
148 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
DiscoDan, are you sure the Mantec bumper/brush guard combo on roveraccessories is available for Discos? The website gives me the impression that it is only available for Defenders.

I love that combo, but bought the ARB because it pretty much came down to ARB or Rovertym in my opinion and I didn't want to cut my grill for the winch. Though if the Mantec/Camel Trophy-look is available for a Disco, I may have to think about changing my kit...

· Registered
146 Posts
Hate to say this but I think the ARB or TJM bars are the best and here in Australia alot of the big car company's are getting them installed or are telling there clintents to go and get them.

There quality is perfect I know I have seen them getting made

Adam :beer:

· Banned
907 Posts
V8_Agro said:
Hate to say this but I think the ARB or TJM bars are the best and here in Australia alot of the big car company's are getting them installed or are telling there clintents to go and get them.

There quality is perfect I know I have seen them getting made

Adam :beer:

You guys in Australia must be very deprived!

The ARB bumpers are junk!! If you don't belive it, just hook a tow strap to the low mounted recovery points and give it a good jerk. Want pictures of different trucks to see my point?

I don't think the TJM even comes with recovery points. Granted, the TJM is a better bumper than the ARB, but it's not the 'cats ass'.

As much as I HATE to admit it, Kyle Van Tassel* of Rover Soultions has a nice front bumper. But, a proven quality front bumper is the Rovertym deal. Yea, the RTE is a little clunkly, but I really don't know of a more soild bumper for the Disco's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.