Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I am new here. I have a question for you all. I am looking for a base vehicle to use as a camper for my family. I need to sleep 3 people and have a reasonable degree of technical prowess ( I have owned a series 3 for 12 years and now have a V8 90 aswell) and so I would like to base it on a land rover model. I have considered a 101 but it might be too noisy and agricultural, or a 127 (130) but I have not seen any other conversion and I am not sure what body would suit. I think a 110 might be too small.

What do you think? Is there anything which will work?

Cheers! :drink1:

·
Registered
317 Posts
nid,
Have you looked for ex-MOD ambulances? If you and your family can get around the bit about sleeping in a "meatwagon" that might be the ticket for you. Maybe a dormobile or a carawagon?
I'm in a similar predicament as I have a 109 to rebuild for a "family truckster", but the wife has stated that she wants something with heat and a radio... :dunno: guess I'll have to do something about that at some point...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
238 Posts
Have a look at this site I am sure there are more companies like this around. There is also probabily nothing stopping you putting one of these on the back of a 130
Campers
There was also an article in a british LR I think International that followed a couple and a friend or son that traveled from england to aus in a 130 ( I think it also might have been a 110) with a camper on the back. Some one else here might know the one I am talking about.
Adam

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
My first impression was also a Ex-Army ambulance. Plenty of thos around and to convert it to a camper would not be difficult.

130CC I think the article you talk about was a couple that toured with a 110 Ambulance from England to Aus. They were (Swedish?) Journalists that did an series on landmines. Stopped off in the Balkans, Mid east, Vietnam and all the places enroute where they could find Landmines.

Had the 110 kitted out with all & sundry, even a 220 volt altinator used to charge the camara batteries.

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
On the OKRover website someone has an ambulance box for sale.
It's in Purcell, Oklahoma. Doesn't list a price but it's been on there awhile.
OKRovers
Look in the Sales part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts