Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

can i get 12-15% off msrp for a lease?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  discovering 
#1 ·
looking to lease a 2019 range rover sport and wanna basically get it as low as i can get it, the dealer wants me to send an offer but as far as i know they will never accept the first offer regardless, the manager will counter, at like 5% and then ill disagree, and then two days later they will call me and counter again at 8-9% or something along those lines.
so is it possible for me to get like 12-15% ? i assume to just submit a low offer and wait for the counter?

whats the highest % you guys fot off your leases?

im in alberta btw!
thx!!

#2 ·
Honestly. If you have to ask you can't afford it.

You should walk away. Straight outta of the dealership. Keep your money in your pocket. Debt is slavery. Luxery car loans are for pretenders. Here are the facts: anyone with 3% down and a pulse can get a luxery car loan today. Back in the old days when someone had a luxery car (or an Arabian horse for that matter) they purchased it outright. Therfore people generally assumed the owner had acheived some means to do it. This is the way things should be again.

Today, anyone with 3% and a pulse can get it. So they are everywhere and mean nothing. Remember that guy who drove by you on the road today with that shiny new 100k BMW? Do the right thing. Keep your money. Walk away from the dealership.

#3 ·
The percentage of discount you can expect to achieve is impossible to estimate. It will depend greatly on the dealer margin on the specific vehicle as well as how far under (or over) quota the salesman and the dealership is.

Your best bet is to approach them near the end of a fiscal period (month or quarter) as any salesman who is under quota is more likely to take a cut on their margin to meet their quota. Q3 is ending, and if the dealership is under quota then anybody with 3% and a pulse can strike a deal.

It can also be helpful to pit two dealers against each other, if there are multiple LR outlets near you.

Even in dire need of numbers, it will probably be difficult to do more than 10% at a dealer on a brand new RR.

#5 ·
You don’t have to defend your interest in leasing. If you can afford it and it’s worth it to you, then get after it.

And as with anything, if you can find it for a better deal you’d be a fool not to.

Let us know how low you can get it!

#6 ·
I second the thought on travelling for a better deal. I'm in Kansas City and when we bought my wife's '14 we looked at St. Louis, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Des Moines, Omaha, Oklahoma City and Tulsa. I pit them all against each other. A cheap plane ticket and one-day drive home would have been worth it for several thousand off. My local LR dealer is the one that came up trumps on price, but it took encouragement by having the other dealers in the bidding.

Know what you want, find several options at different dealers and get several of them working against each other at the end of a period like the reverendALC said. Be willing to make a day trip if it can pay off. That's your best bet at a good price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.