Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Can I Rescue My CD's From The Jaws Of My Disco?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PanzerJaeger 
#1 ·
Well about 5 months ago I got my favorite 6 cds and loaded them into the CD player very carefully, as I always did. When I hit the button, "NO MAGAZINE". Well, ok, i figured id just have to reload it. When I went to take the magazine out, the CD player made a mechanical noise but wouldnt eject it. I tried several times to get it out with no luck.. so I decided Id have to take it in to get it fixed.

I never quite got around to it, but now im getting a new disco and I really want my CDs. Does anyone know of any tricks to get that magazine out without taking it to the dealer?

Thanks a lot, panzer.

#2 ·
PanzerJaeger said:
Well about 5 months ago I got my favorite 6 cds and loaded them into the CD player very carefully, as I always did. When I hit the button, "NO MAGAZINE". Well, ok, i figured id just have to reload it. When I went to take the magazine out, the CD player made a mechanical noise but wouldnt eject it. I tried several times to get it out with no luck.. so I decided Id have to take it in to get it fixed.

I never quite got around to it, but now im getting a new disco and I really want my CDs. Does anyone know of any tricks to get that magazine out without taking it to the dealer?

Thanks a lot, panzer.
It's happened to me a few times. Just remove the CD player from under the seat and remove the cover off the player. The use a thin screwdriver to push the CD that is stuck back into the cradle. You might end up scratching the CD. Or w/o removing the player try to push back the stuck CD into the cradle (a bit more difficult but doable).

Good luck.

#3 ·
I don't know how bad yours is stuck, but my Disco 2000 has done the same, I think 2x now. Try pressing the magazine (CD) cartridge extra hard.. It worked for me when it would not eject.. It was trying to come out and stuck, so try pushing it past its "stuckness".. Good luck....JHK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.