Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to just jump on this thread but i have a problem with my discovery 3.the orange light came on (the picture of the car with arrows above ) and the message suspension fault come on the screen, obviosly i pulled the lower button which made the motor drop on its ass and its been there ever since and wont raise again.now the message normal hieght only has popped up...it turns out i have an AMK compressor and im lead to believe i have to replace this as it cant be serviced,but i was wondering if it is the compressor and if anyone could shead some light to help me

thank you

tony

·
Registered
30 Posts
If that's not the case then check the wiring under the middle console where your gear selector is located. It is a bit of a task to remove the console but after you do it once its a piece of cake. This area under the console is prone to drink spillage, connectors get wet then short out reeking havoc on the suspension controls etc. causing suspension faults. That compressor is known for being weak, but you only hear about the bad ones, trust me when I say there are more good ones out there then bad ones. So don't point the finger at the compressor just yet. It may be a simple fix.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just checked mate and the brake lights are working and the wires under the console look ok ,the pump is cutting in ok ,if i take the pipe off should it blow air out

ive spoke to les potts up here and he says hes never known a AMK compressor to fail so it must be something else

·
Registered
30 Posts
Console Wiring

Did you reseat all the plugs under the console? I would disconnect them, spray with contact cleaner then reseat them. This also solved my issue with my small ice box not working. The brake switch on the other hand may allow your brake lights to work but also may be causing the suspension faults at the same time. It is a small blue plunger style switch on the backside of the brake peddle, will need to remove the trim/molding below the steering column to get at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.