Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Good People,

I was making adjustments to my XYZ switch and the wave washer broke.
Can some please identify what washer I need?
Also what is the name of this type of screw connection?
Is there anything newer/ more modern that would work?

Might as well replace it if possibly something I can get at a locate hardware store.

T.I.A.

Attachments

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
No, that's a lock washer. You need a wave washer. The wave washer allows rotation of the connection. That's important since that lever moves based on the position of the transmission gear selector. When you tighten the nut, don't wrench it tight like a normal nut and washer, only snug it up so the wave washer isn't flat and the portion the cable attaches to still spins. The washer would go under the washer on the connector side, not the nut side.

This is a wave washer, or spring washer:

Colin

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice...
So the wavy washer goes under the bolt head, or under the already mounted washer in the image?
Thank you Colin for taking me to school!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the love of God I cannot find these wave spring washers anywhere locally.
I have tried NAPA, AutoZone, PepBoys, KOI, HomeDepo, Lowes, ACE, and a few mom & pop stores.
Where are people getting them from?

There is a Rover dealership 40 miles away.
What size is needed?

T.I.A.

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
As far as size, I have no idea. My local Ace Hardware carries them in many sizes. I'm not sure why your area doesn't have any. It sucks to have to order and pay shipping for a washer or two. At your local Ace, did you look in the bulk fasteners section, usually in the back of the store? It's where you'll find a thousand grey drawers filled with loose fasteners so you can buy 1 or 100 if needed.

Colin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.