Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, I am probably going to be getting a 95ish Range Rover 4.6, or the country; my question is in regards to bluetooth (and GPS).

I would like to use my bluetooth enabled phone in the truck, however the 95ish models do not have bluetooth....so if I get the head unit out of a 04ish range would it swap into the older model???

And if it would what other parts would I need to pull from the new model range rover?

Thanks,
-SuperchargedRS

*Oh yea, what about seats, are the new seats a direct bolt in to the older Range Rovers, I already know the HID head lights are.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
the seats are not bolt-in... the seatboxes are different.

Why torture yourself putting a horridly expensive L.R. radio in an older truck? A good aftermarket BlueTooth system is a better way to go. There's one made by Toucan that's really nice-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Muddy Oval said:
the seats are not bolt-in... the seatboxes are different.

Why torture yourself putting a horridly expensive L.R. radio in an older truck? A good aftermarket BlueTooth system is a better way to go. There's one made by Toucan that's really nice-
So the seat rails are a bolt it, thus the seats are a bolt in?

Also you are not talking about the parriot bluetooth systems are you? I looked at the deck that they have and...well I dont think it is what I am looking for.

So if the newer head unit will fit that is great; also I know a place in Mexico where I can get the parts el chepo lol!

·
Registered
388 Posts
SuperchargedRS said:
I have a question, I am probably going to be getting a 95ish Range Rover 4.6, or the country;
No such thing as a 95 4.6 or a country :rolleyes: Guess you meant 95 4.0 or a county :D P38 or Classic

Steve's right.....go for an aftermarket stereo, not worth the hassle.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Seats wouldn't fit period, unless you did some modifications to the seat rails.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
there is nothing on a bmw rover that will remotely fit with an older RR even an 02.

The radios use a five thousand dollar nav unit that allows them to operate not to mention all the wiring to the roof mounted antennae.

Seriously, do some research into the vehicles themselves before you start dreaming of stuff.

blue tooth enabled vehicles only work with a preprogrammed module and radio set up.

Every LR3, and Range Rover produced after on or after 03 is entirely a different machine. Its electronics are completely different then the Rovers you have.

Think of it as buying a BMW instead of a Rover. And as for an LR3 think of it as buying a Jaguar.

The only thing those vehicles share with most rovers are the center caps.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
SuperchargedRS said:
I have a question, I am probably going to be getting a 95ish Range Rover 4.6, or the country; my question is in regards to bluetooth (and GPS).
Dude... get the country! It will be sweet, and we can all call you King. As long as you let us drive in your hills, we'll pledge our allegiance to you. :D

Sorry... I had to do it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.