Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for you military buffs....

I have a 72 left hand drive FFR that I was told, was from Canada.

Question is: Did the Canadian military ever have these in their inventory? If so, what airborne units? Or we're they used by British forces (for training etc.) while in Canada?

Many Thanks!

Gary

·
Registered
107 Posts
Never heard of any lightweights being used by the Canadian military, doesn't mean they didn't though. Wouldn't have thought the Brit Military would have had theirs converted to LHD just for use in Canada. Could be the relic of a joint Nato excercise (the Dutch had large numbers of them). Although designated as airportable it doesn't mean they were just used by airborne units, they were in fact in use throughout all three arms of the British military. There's quite a few military enthusiasts over at www.landrovernet.com that should be able to give you more info though. :drive:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information! I will direct my research in that direction.

Although at this time, I am not doing a complete military restoration, it is nice to know the vehices history. :drink1:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.