Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my fuel pump (non-SAI). I got to it after removing the carpet and such and have disconnected the electronic module(s), but I don't know how to actually how to remove it.

Does the "locking lid" unscrew? Or do I have to pry it off?

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
You'll need to use either a large flathead screwdriver or a pry bar that you can hit with a hammer to rotate the black ring counterclockwise. A few revolutions and it will come off. You will then need to pry the pump out of the tank. There is a plastic ring inside the tank that will remain. You'll want to pry the pump away from that plastic ring. You'll see what I mean in the picture. As you pull the pump up you'll need to squeeze the two metal supports together to get it to fit out of the top of the tank. Be careful to angle the pump out so you don't damage the float.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now, to Close the Replacement...

Well, I got the off pump out with ease after using Paul's instructions. Now I can 't get the darn new pump to close shut!

It seems like that black rubber sealing ring or the height of the two ("squeezable") metal supports prevents me from sealing it shut.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
There is one rubber ring that is permanently part of the gas tank. Then you have the one that comes with the pump. I cannot understand why you're having the difficulty getting the pump into the tank and seating properly. Maybe you should post a picture of the mouth of your tank and what it looks like when the pump gets hung up on installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.