Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals. new to the forum with my first problem. i cant move my 90! came home today parked up as normal. went to head out later. selected first, handbrake off and go. if only. the engine took up the drive as normal but as if the handbrake was still on it just didnt move. then tried hand brake again but no difference.

ive had the centre panel off above the handbrake drum and prop shaft and the cable moves as normal so my thougts are that something has seized or jammed inside. n e ideas of
A) what it is?
B) how i can fix it?
C) how can i get it to a garage? lol

lost when im not in my landy! :bawling:

n e help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

thanks
luke! :wave:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Guess you will have sorted this by now, but on my 110 (1993 200 tdi) this happens occasionally and is one of the rear discs binding. A decent bit of acceleration in first gear normally breaks it free. Quite often happens the morning after coming home on a wet night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Possible Diff or Half Shaft Problem?

Try putting it in difflock if the props are moving it sounds like a diff or half shaft has gone. Land Rovers are permanent 4 Wheeel drive but at any one time the power is only going to one wheel and will always go to the easyest one to drive so if a shaft or diff has broken it goes there hence no drive. if ytou select diff lock it locks the centre diff and allows the power to goto one back wheel and one front at the same time so you will get drive on the axle that has not got the broken shaft or diff. Hope this will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.